Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Antiquing, and the Holiday weekend, or I Heart Dixie Dogwood

This weekend my mother and I went antique shopping in the town of Snohomish, about 30 minutes north of where we live, and it was a great time. I was so excited to find these pieces! This stuff is called Dixie Dogwood, and I am insane for it. My grandma Louise used to have these, and I don't remember eating on them myself (the grandkids usually ate off of paper plates, natch), I REMEMBER them, and I'm FINDING them in different antique stores, and I'm LOVING it!! :) That's the kind of stuff I like to go antiquing for, the stuff I remember and want to have again, don't you think that's the most fun?? I totally do!

Anyway, then I took a bunch of pictures of THESE:
and THESE:
and THESE:
and you get the picture.
Actually, these are for my friend Janiene, and I hope she likes them!! :)

Cause I see them everywhwere in the spring/summer, and I never really appreciated them myself, until getting up close and personal for these pics. So thanks, Neen! :)
xo
N

No comments: